Monday, December 5, 2011

No stitching for me...

I was a bad girl this weekend.  I did not do any stitching but my friend Lisa is hard at it.  Instead I did some site seeing.  We went to the Middleburg Christmas Parade on Saturday and to the Capital Botanical Gardens and Mt. Vernon on Sunday.  We had a good time and it put me in holiday mood.

Middleburg Christmas actually has two parades the first and what they are known for is the Hunt Parade.


Here come the hounds.  As you can see by the picture people do come out to watch. 

The second is the Christmas Parade.



They have bagpipes and Santa but I think this parade goes to the dogs.





Ok lets move on to the Botanicals Gardens and Mt. Vernon.  The displays at the gardens are just gorgous everything made from natural materials.




And last but not least how would you like for this to be your house.


and this the view from that porch.


Needless to say this is the house and view that our First President George Washington had many years ago.  This is his family house at Mt. Vernon that overlooks the Potomac River.

Ok maybe this week I will get some stitching done.

No comments:

Post a Comment